Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hilltop Art Night Out


I had fun doing some chalk art down at the Hilltop Artists in Residence Art Night Out on Tuesday.  Great Hip-Hop, Dancers, hot dogs, and my kids had a blast running around and dancing.

Then the KING 5 news team's Chris Daniels tapped on my shoulder and asked for some comments about the changing Hilltop neighborhood.  Here's the news piece of me on TV!

I am identified as a Hilltop Resident, and though officially I'm in the North Slope, I'm on Division, so I got a Four district corner. Hilltop, Sixth Ave, Wedge, and the N.Slope, so I'm not too concerned with titles. Tacoma is my neighborhood now.

I didn't snap a picture of the final art, Oh well...Gotta remember to take my camera!!!


NOTE: I was just informed that I won first prize! (I didn't even know it was a contest, so imagine my surprise! - The prize? A lesson (for me and a friend) in glass blowing at the Jason Lee Middle School hot shop down the street! Woo-Hoo...I decided to share the prize with the gentleman drawing next to me above. One Mr. James Stowe of the C.L.A.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment